In April, we noticed that box trees in terracotta tubs by the company entrance had suffered a mass attack by box-tree lice. We took this chance to solve the problem with instrumental biocommunication instead of using insecticides, as many Internet sites advise, or simply breaking off the befallen branches.
By the end of June, we had almost forgotten about the lice when our secretary came in from watering the plants on the car park and reported that the box trees were healthy again. We checked immediately and saw she was right: the box trees had put out masses of new shoots and looked very healthy, and the lice had almost completely disappeared . . .
Click here to read about this treatment.